Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Aussie roll call

Aussie roll call 2 years 4 months ago #6732

• Mick
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 18
I know there's a few Aussie members in here, lets see a show of hands by letting us know the current status of your car.

I'll start...

I've got a few small jobs to do on mine before I can have an engineers inspection so that I can register my car here in South Australia. Main thing I need to address is wheel to arch clearance so I'm raising it up a notch.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Aussie roll call 2 years 3 months ago #6738

• Humpty
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Still a very long way to go with my car.... Though it was rego'd in SA when I purchased it, and it drove really well, it needed lots of minor things and few major things fixed to get it road worthy for WA... Nothing ground breaking or unexpected, but they are all a little time consuming... It doesn't help that my other projects are keeping me from finishing the car. The body work is nearly done... The floor pans are welding in and ready for top coat... The rear subframe is fully detailed... The transaxle is rebuilt and ready to go back in... Still undecided on whether I should go with long or short axles. I have a set of Deep Sixes for the rear and 4.5" Earlies for the front. The frontend still needs a total overhaul, as all rubber and BJ's are cactus. The of course I still have the interior and wiring still need sorting out.

Long road ahead.

Aussie roll call 2 years 3 months ago #6744

• Walter64
  • Fresh Boarder
Still in bits, stripped and still waiting for the body guy (Sydney Vintage Car Restoration)

Have bought some panels from Vintageparts.de and Carsten and will be shipping them from Germany to Aus soon.

Although the car has a red interior it was originally teak.

Aussie roll call 2 years 2 months ago #6745

• Steve Horsnell
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all, long time time since I've been on the site.
Finally starting to get something done! My car is a '65. Converting to disc brake front and IRS. The disc brake beam is with the mechanic (impetus for starting working on it now besides funds available, is that he has mentioned maybe moving away. VW trained in the sixties and enthusiast!). In fact he is starting on it today. He has another beam which he will take all the usable bits from including better discs. My beam is pretty good, doesn't even need paint just a clean up! Aware of the larger sway bar in later squarebacks; will know what we have when stripped down. Once beam is done IRS subframe is next!
Also a long road ahead!

Aussie roll call 2 years 1 month ago #6748

Hello All. My car is a '65. I'm also waiting for the body-shop to have space for me... Ive collected a bunch of panels from Belgium inc. floors, sills, arches, doors etc.. All new A-Arm suspension from the US, and a 3.6 Subaru engine, with a 5 speed box and a Vintage Air AC setup. Ive spent almost 2 years collecting parts so that when we start welding I can keep going all the way through to completion. A long long long long way to go....

Aussie roll call 2 years 1 month ago #6749

• Walter64
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Soren & Steve, I'm in Sydney, where are you guys located? Soren, what vintage air A/C unit are you planning on installing?
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds